Progressing



Time flies so fast. In 2 and a half month I'm sitting in a plane to Canada. And I have to plan so much before. Have to sort out all the stuff from, I don't know, maybe 15 years. Have to prepare everything for my practical exam in 4 weeks, yes I have only 4 weeks left after I did the next big step for changing my life. 
My rollercoaster drive is getting pretty quick, but I like that. The last 5 years felt as if there where no further progress. And as from now everything is like a big progress.
But that's it what I love in my life, stagnation doesn't make someone happy, it bores you, people need varieties. And why not? Let us say, if everything went the statistical way, you will achieve an age around 80. So, I guess, you are in your 20ies or maybe older... but it doesn't matter. You will have more than around 40 years yet and you really want to do the same thing every single year? 
Ok, you plan, to do the last 15 years some exciting stuff but nobody can assure you that you can do this exciting stuff physically or mabe psychological.
And let's be honest, if you are around 70 the most important thing would be to stay safe and have the luxury to have your own room in an very expensive rest home, where pretty good qualified staff do everything for me which I can't do or want to do anymore.
Apart of the point that just a few people want to become caregiver at this moment.
 For which reason, nobody will care for me in 40 years. Doesn't matter if I'm rich or not.
But, ok....40 years are pretty long.
 Maybe there will be enough qualified machines to do this job and I will put my life in their hands. In an "hand" of a machine?

No, I won't!!! Fortunattily this can't be my only sense of life. To work hard, don't live, save burdensome lots of money which go on a good retire home within a couple of month after check-in. I can and I will live my diversified life now and I enjoy everything what is going on at the moment.
 Even though I would like to plan a little less. But that's what I choose so I will be quiet.

It's up to you. 40 years could be a really long time, but pretty short as well. You have to choose how your 40 years will be. That's what I love. We can choose.
And I don't mean all the travel stuff. Everybody is different and we have individual dreams. But we all don't want stagnation, do we?
 Live your life now. Not in your oldies, because maybe then it's too late.


Berlin, Germany, November 2016


In the last weeks we booked our accomodation close to the city center of Vancouver. Preparing our cars to sale them in a couple of weeks and I'm a regular at the vet with our little doggy. Got his vaccination against rabbies and had lost some teeth as he got remove his tartar. This made me really sad, well it hurts a bit. Especially that Elvis can't realize what happened with him because of the anesthesia. Felt so badly. 2 visits left until the dog is ready for Canada.


Elvis my love <3

For now we changed his doggy basket into the pet carrier for the plane. I guess he like it. Hope so.
To travel by plane with my dog is one of my biggest fear.
Other steps on my To- Do- List before Canada is to empty our apartment, make an health insurance, do some visits at the doctors for myself, finish my exams, say goodbye to everyone, with a small party maybe and pack my suitcase.
Pretty sure there is much more to do, but that's what I remember first.
For now I think that's it. Let me know if something else come into your mind what I have to mention.
Nice weekend you single wanderers :)

Comments

Popular Posts