Wanderlust


               

Wanderlust can hurt me pretty much sometimes. It feels like I'm sick and my medicine is to travel, my medicine are other countries, other cultures, foreign people and so much more. If I go on traveling I feel like I'm getting slowly healthy again. The crazy thing is when I start to travel again I get pretty euphoric first and than a short phase of depression came over me. I still figure out why this steps repeat each time. Maybe why I realise how wonderful it is to travel and it's often only a short term. To short in my opinion.
Well my wanderlust was getting much bigger every single year after Australia even though we tried to travel as much as we can beside working.
And we were on a truning point in the beginning of this year. I did my first exam for my hairdresser graduation and we know I will finish it in summer. But what should we do after it? We were sure we didn't want to stay in Germany, will find a nice apartment or want to establish a family. The wanderlust was too big and because of less money and the dificulties about a long stay visa for Australia, we decided to do a Working Holiday again. Like we did in 2012 in Down Under. Because my boyfriend is over 30 we don't have much opportunities for that kind of travel. So we found out that Canada offers a working holday visa for German citiziens until the age of 35 years.
This was perfect for us. We both were interested in Canada for long but don't know much about this big, fascinating country.
In addition my boyfriend had some connections to a Canadian which offered him a job.
So we decided to apply for a visa and after a couple of weeks we had the confirmation. We are alloewd to live, work and travel for 12 month in Canada. I can't believe that we did it.
But now I have my booking confirmation for a flight from Frankfurt to Vancouver on the 17th of August. It feels so insubstantial.


In situations like this I have always that feeling, like something will intervene all the plans and I'm so convinced of it. But than a softly voice says in the background that time will fly so fast and the day when I will stand at the airport and say goodbye to my lovely family, will feel like tomorrow.
I'm excited and afraifd of the future at the same time. To go to Australia felt really easy but 5 years are a long time in the twenties and I'm nearly starting my thirties and I came to the point: Where do you want to go? Who do you want to be? Is it an escape?
Well I gave me some answers. I want to go and see the world. I want to be happy and feel free and no it is not an escape, it is my way to live. I don't have to know what happen after Canada or in Canada because life always end up differently than you think especially when you travel. There are opportunities which I can't imagine at this moment and thats make the adventure. The adventure of life.
And to choose a save and planned life in Germany is always possible, so I can't loose something I only can win and if there are only memories. Life is too short for doing things you don't like or feel terrible by that.
So just go out and do what your heart is telling you.
Have a nice week you free spirits. <3

Comments

Popular Posts