Travel is my passion


I think a lot of people of the "new" generation love to travel. Well the older generation as well but I think it is getting much easier today to gratify their desire.
Cheap flights, the internet full of information of every single country and much more. The world wide web makes it pretty easy to travel or to plan by yourself.
And I'm so happy to be the generation which has the internet as a benefit and the independence like people of the older generation. Well, I find a way back to the streets without flipping out that my WLAN broke down in nowhere and Google maps isn't working anymore. To use a real map consists of paper makes much more fun I think. It's like playing this labyrinth game which you can find often on the last page of a magazine with a lot more adventure besides this.
So I think a lot of people can understand why I like to travel, but I try to explain why I'm so obsessed with it.

Travel starts much earlier than arriving in a new country or city. For me it's start with a video on Youtube, TV or just a picture of a friend, a magazine or a book. Sometimes I just heard about it and in my mind I begin to travel. From now on I write the city or country on my imaginary bucket list. Sometimes it's close to the top, sometimes deep down between other dreams. I can't explain how I choose a destination. Most of the time it is just random because I found an offer online or a friend invites me to that place. In my mind the destination starts to get more approachable and slowly it takes form.
My very special moment is when I booked the flights. It makes everything so definite. Everything after, mostly runs by itself.
I try to plan not that much, I just keep some information or hints, but most of the time I try to surprise myself. It's much more exciting.

Boracay Island, Philippines, 2012

What I really love, is to go into the country. To see the beauty of nature, to meet so many different people, try to speak the language, learn about the culture and become a part of that place. To merge with that place. Being a part of it makes me feel alive and lets my soul become free.
I have a lot of time, when I'm traveling, thinking about me and the world outside and after every single journey, even if it is a short city trip, I learned so much about myself, about people, places and the way of life. It gives me so much inspiraton who I am, how I want to be and how I want to create my life. To accept myself and to accept others opinion, well to understand others opinion. I never want to miss this because that fullfills me.

Cottesloe Beach, Australia, 2012

Sometimes I can be really emotional. Sometimes it can hurt pretty well and sometimes it is a big burden. But after all the years I try to handle with that. The most difficult part of it is to understand when you have to control it and when you can let your emotions be free. Also to control it isn't that easy like it sounds.
I can't remember when it was a burden while traveling. My emotions were in a balance and this is a big relief. You don't have to handle it, you just can let it free. Maybe the emos between you will understand. But hope even the other parts can do it merely a tiny bit.

I'm pretty fascinated about that point that some beauty on your journey you can't catch in a photo, you just can keep it in your heart. That's for me the magic of travel. It doesn't matter if you are a brilliant photographer or a layman. You can take the picture so many times, from so many views, put so many filters on it but the feeling and the endless beauty can only touch your soul and can keep in your memories but you will never catch it in any way. It will ever stay where it is. So you have to go out and experience it.

Great Central Staton, New York, USA, 2015

Comments

Popular Posts